How To Install OxygenOS 4.7.4 Update on OnePlus 5T (Full ROM and OTA)
In this article, we’ll be showing you how to install OxygenOS 4.7.4 update on OnePlus 5 by installing the complete ROM.
The OnePlus 5T through it’s powerful performance has won a lot of hearts. It is a device that comprises every thing that a true android lover will desire of like it’s stunning design, good hardware and a less bloated software. This device is also doing a great job in the market and the company is earning a good profit. The OEM has now finally rolled out the latest OxygenOS 4.7.4 update for the OnePlus 5T. For installing this update quickly, you need to follow these very simple steps to install OxygenOS 4.7.4 update on OnePlus 5T.
Image credits: TheCustomDroid
- Download Official Nougat Gapps (Android 7.0/ 7.1.1/ 7.1.2)
- Download OnePlus 5 Stock Wallpapers Full HD
- Download LG K8 V Android Nougat Firmware (Verizon)(LG VS500)
- Download Huawei P10 B150 Nougat Update [Europe]
How to Install OxygenOS 4.7.4 Update on OnePlus 5T
After the fresh update rolled out of the OxygenOS Open Beta 28/19 release for OnePlus 3/3T, the OnePlus 5T users are very excited and eagerly waiting to see what’s being cooked for them in the developers laboratory, We are very sure that the company will be working hard and will deliver an update for these devices.
So the OxygenOS 4.7.4 was today announced by the company itself in the OnePlus community. It is introduced to enhance the user experience about which the users have been complaining and were dissatisfied. After taking a look at the feedbacks given by some users, it looks like they have achieved victory and satisfied there users.
Now before we jump on the procedure to install OxygenOS 4.7.4 update on OnePlus 5T, we must take a look on the number of features which come with this update.
- Mode names will be present just above the shooter in the camera UI.
- Photo quality is improved
- Improvement in speakers and earphones audio experience.
- Face lock feature is optimized
- Vibration motor enhanced
- Wi-Fi battery usage enhanced
- Fingerprint feature and GPS is now improvised
- Many bugs fixed and system errors removed.
The point is to be noticed that the update is still running on October Security Patches. KRACK will be fixed with this update and it was already present in the OxygenOS 4.7.2. Some of the users who have already flashed the new update says that the face lock feature is snappier and coming to the photos, Improvements in picture quality and the HDR is set to OFF.
So these were the features added now let’s move to the next part which is to install OxygenOS 4.7.4 update on your OnePlus 5T.
- Charge your OnePlus 5T device to atleast 70 percent to avoid shut down in between the update which can harm your device and will not install the ROM completely.
- We advise you to back up your data before performing the update so that your data can be recovered if the installation is not completed properly.
Download OxygenOS 4.7.4 Full ROM and OTA
So these are the download links, click the download link button and install the OxygenOS 4.7.4 update on OnePlus 5T.
Instructions to Install OxygenOS 4.7.4 Update on OnePlus 5T
So depending on the condition of your device, choose which way to install the update. We have provided some info below which will help you.
- OxygenOS 4.7.2 (Not rooted) + Stock Recovery » Method 1 (Use OTA zip)
- OxygenOS previous to 4.7.2 (Not rooted) + Stock Recovery » Method 1 (Use full ROM)
- Custom ROM/OxygenOS (Rooted) + TWRP » Method 2
Install OxygenOS 4.7.4 Update on OnePlus 5T Using Local Method
This is the simplest way to Install OxygenOS 4.7.4 Update on OnePlus 5T using the local update method in the settings
- So firstly, Download the OTA zip if you have OOS 4.7.2 installed or use full ROM zip if you have a lower version installed.
- Connect your OnePlus 5T device to the PC and transfer the files to your phone.
- Now disconnect your device
- Go to the settings of your device and enter system update
- Long press the cog icon on the top right corner
- select the local upgrade option from the list
- Your device will automatically fetch and display the update file.
- Tap on the Full ROM/OTA zip filename.
- Now, select ‘UPGRADE NOW’ to install OxygenOS 4.7.4 update on OnePlus 5.
Install OxygenOS 4.7.4 Update on OnePlus 5T Using TWRP recovery
- So very firstly, Download the full ROM zip from the link above and transfer it your phone.
- Switch Off the device.
- Enter theTWRP recovery mode by pressing the Volume Down and Power button altogether until you see the OnePlus logo.
- In case you currently have a custom ROM installed, then make sure to wipe your phone before installing. If you have rooted OxygenOS, then skip this step.
- Go to ‘Wipe’ » ‘Advanced Wipe’.
- Select the following check boxes as shown in the image.
- Tap on the ‘Install’ button and browse to the location where you have transferred the full ROM.
- Finally, once the file is selected, swipe the button on the screen to install OxygenOS 4.7.4 update on your device.
- Then tap on ‘Reboot System’ to boot your OnePlus 5T into the new and improved OS.
If you have any questions regarding the article, feel free to ask us in the comment section below. You can even check the source link provided below for any other information. So you have successfully install OxygenOS 4.7.4 update on OnePlus 5T.
Special thanks to TheCustomDroid for providing us with the image