Download and Install Android Oreo Beta 2 on Essential Phone (OPM1.170911.213)
So the second beta version for Essential Phone 1 is now available and ready to be used. Read this guide to install the Android Oreo Beta 2 on Essential Phone.
After some of the ups and downs, The Essential phone is being updated and fixed to improve the user experience. The first Android beta came out in the month of November and now it’s the time when the company is rolling out the second beta version for the devices. Users who already have the first beta version installed can install the second beta version anytime, So if you wish to experience the second beta version then follow our guide to install the Android Oreo Beta 2 on Essential PH-1.
- Download Oneplus 5T stock-wallpaper
- Install Custom ROM Resurrection Remix For Lenovo A328 (Android 7.1.2 Nougat)
- Download And Install Android 8.1 Oreo on Moto G3 2015 (Pixel Experience ROM)
- How To Install OxygenOS 4.7.4 Update on OnePlus 5T (Full ROM and OTA)
Installing Android Oreo Beta 2 on Essential Phone (PH-1)
Essential Phones have gone through a lot of ups and downs this year like the problems of delayed delivery, camera issues with their devices, So the company had to do something to gain the trust of the users. Since they have made some of the improvements have been made with the security updates, the company has now announced the beta version 2, follow the guide to install Android Oreo Beta 2 on Essential Phone.
The Essential Team announced the second beta version on their twitter handle. The new update will be available for the users who are already using the Oreo beta 1. OPM1.170911.213 is the build number for the new update.
If you’re facing any kind of issues with the update or you have not received the update yet or either you want to move to the beta version from the stable version. Then you’re at the correct website as we will be helping you to do so, but before you install Android Oreo Beta 2 on Essential Phone, We must take a look at the features that you will be experiencing with this new update and the improvements.
- Added Smart Text Selection, Picture-in-Picture mode, and Instant Apps.
- Faster app sign-in
- Google Play Protect
- Fixed problems related to Android Auto and Bluetooth
- Fixed Data tracking issues for U.S. carriers
- Improved Project Treble support
- Fixed Assistant screen cutoff problem
- Improved LED notifications and charging
- Improved battery life and additional bug fixes
So these are the features added and the improvements made, this is a lot offered by the Essential team with this update and the users will definitely like these changes and features. So it’s finally time to move to the steps to install Android Oreo Beta 2 on Essential Phone.
- Please ensure that you have backed up your data so that if some miss happening happens while installing, your data is safely with is you.
- Make sure that your Essential PH-1 is charged upto 50-70%
- Your device should be full stock, TWRP or root will damage your device.
- install Android SDK tools on your PC.
Now you can download and install Android Oreo Beta 2 on Essential Phone.
Download OPM1.170911.213 OTA
Steps to Install Essential Phone Oreo Beta 2
- Download the zip file in your computer to the C:\adb folder.
- Hold the SHIFT key and right-click on an empty space inside the folder. Then select ‘Open command window here’ or ‘Open PowerShell window here’ from the menu.
- Boot your Essential Phone into stock recovery mode. So first power down the device first. Then, press and hold the Volume Up + Power button altogether.
- Android bot will appear on the screen.
- Hold the Power button and tap the Volume Up button once finally enter stock recovery.
- Use the Volume buttons to highlight ‘Apply update from ADB‘ and select it using the Power button.
- Connect your Essential Phone to the PC.
- Check that your device is properly detected: adb devices
- The command should return a device ID along with ‘sideload’ message.
- install Android Oreo Beta 2 on Essential Phone using the following command:
- The installation process will begin. So leave the phone undisturbed.
- At last, select ‘Reboot system now’ option in the stock recovery.
So we finally installed the Android Oreo Beta 2 on Essential Phone. If you have any queries then do let us know in the comment section below.