Install Android 8.1 Oreo on OnePlus One using AOSP ROM
So all the OnePlus One users, we got some news for you that now the Android 8.1 is available for OnePlus One through AOSP ROM. So keep reading this article carefully to get the information about what features you get to enjoy with this new update and the main thing for which you came to read our article that is how to install Android 8.1 Oreo on OnePlus One.
We all know that OnePlus devices are doing a great job in the market and OnePlus has become one of the best Android manufacturers. Devices like OnePlus 3/3T, 5/5T have won a lot of people’s heart and respect with the immense performance. OnePlus at some point did some things which made the users a little disappointed but after the release of OnePlus 3, everything seemed to be settled. Still the users using there out dated devices like OnePlus 2 and one were not being given much importance. Well it is now time for the Developers community XDA to look after these devices and now luckily they have provided a way for you to install Android 8.1 Oreo on OnePlus One.
- Download and Install Android Oreo Beta 2 on Essential Phone (OPM1.170911.213)
- Download OnePlus 5T Stock Wallpapers Full HD
- How To Install OxygenOS 4.7.4 Update on OnePlus 5T (Full ROM and OTA)
- Install Android Oreo 8.0 update for Asus Zenfone 3 (ZenUI 4.0)
Installing Android 8.1 Oreo on OnePlus One Through AOSP ROM
The OnePlus one has been a great device and till date if we operate it, it gives you a beautiful experience. The company left it’s software support and the device was not running with the latest android version. KitKat was officially running the device but it could be updated to marshmallow through CyanogenOS. If you still want something new, then we will tell you how to get Android 8.1 Oreo on OnePlus One
In the last three months, the developer have put a lot of efforts on the OnePlus One’s source code so that the performance can be enhanced on a much larger scale. The first android 8.1 version for OnePlus One was launched on 21 December and the more enhanced version was rolled out day before yesterday. As by the source, all the basic features will work correctly and you can use it as you used to use it before installing Android 8.1 on a daily basis, aptX Bluetooth codec and ViPER4Android is purely compatible with this new ROM.
Now let’s move to the installation of Android 8.1 Oreo on OnePlus One.
- Make sure to back up your OnePlus One device before you move to the installation of Android 8.1 Oreo On OnePlus One.
- Please ensure that your OnePlus One device is charged atleast 50 – 70% to avoid shut down between the installation process.
- Make sure you have installed TWRP as it is necessary for installing the ROM.
Download Android 8.1 Oreo ROM for OnePlus One
Steps to Install Android 8.1 Oreo on OnePlus One
- Download the ROM and GApps zip files from the links above.
- connect your OnePlus One to the PC and enable ‘File Transfer’ mode.
- Copy both the files to the phone
- power the device down.
- Boot into TWRP recovery by holding the Volume Down + Power button together.
- go to ‘Wipe’ » ‘Advanced Wipe’.
- Select the following options and swipe the ‘Swipe to Wipe’ button.
- Go back to the TWRP main screen and tap on ‘Install’.
- Go to the location where the files were transferred.
- Select the ROM zip. Then tap on ‘Add more Zips’ and select the GApps zip.
- Swipe the button on the screen to install Android 8.1 Oreo on OnePlus One.
- press the ‘Reboot System’ button.
So you have finally installed Android 8.1 Oreo on OnePlus One, now it’s time for you to enjoy all the latest features and experience the Android 8.1 Oreo on OnePlus One. If you have any queries then feel free to contact us in the comment section below or you can also mail us at email@example.com.