Download And Install Android 8.1 Oreo on Moto G3 2015 (Pixel Experience ROM)
So now except the Nexus and Pixel devices, you can Install Android 8.1 Oreo on Moto G3. For doing this, you need to install the Pixel Experience ROM on your Moto G3 device.
In the markets of India, Moto G3 has been a tremendously good device and is very popular also. The Moto G series has been providing the best hardware and software features to date and at a very affordable price. The Moto G 3rd generation launched in 2015 comes with a plenty of features like sleek design and of course a very low affordable price. But unfortunately, the software support of the device didn’t really support it much as it came to an end on marshmallow 6.0. At this stage, the developers began there work and built a number of custom ROMs for the device. In this article, we’ll be telling you how to Install the Android 8.1 Oreo on Moto G3 by using one of these ROMs.
Image credit: TheCustomDroid
- Download Official Nougat Gapps (Android 7.0/ 7.1.1/ 7.1.2)
- Download OnePlus 5 Stock Wallpapers Full HD
- Download LG K8 V Android Nougat Firmware (Verizon)(LG VS500)
- Download Huawei P10 B150 Nougat Update [Europe]
How to Get Android 8.1 Oreo on Moto G3 Through Pixel Experience ROM
Companies are now focusing on bringing Android Oreo to there devices and at the same time, Google has announced the 8.1 developer preview for the supported devices. The main problem here is that the budget phones are not getting this Android Oreo update which is not good from our point of view and even the users are not satisfied.(Install Android 8.1 Oreo on Moto G3)
Well, these devices have got more on the XDA forums. Senior member Rahul9999 has brought about an AOSP ROM which will let you install the Android Oreo on your Moto G3. The ROM is called or named as Pixel Experience because it offers the Pixel phone features. You can actually enjoy all the Pixel features and the user interface of the Pixel device on your Moto G3. November security patch is also included in the ROM.(Install Android 8.1 Oreo on Moto G3)
Most of the features in this ROM are working which include:
- Mobile Data
- FM Radio
- Moto Actions
Now before starting, you must take a look at the issues with this ROM:
- The interface may be laggy
- Ex-FAT SD cards are not compatible
- Pattern or pin lock will not work
- While VoLTE works, you might find problems with it and you can fix it by turning on the enhanced 4G LTE’ option after every reboot
- Camcorder is yet not working properly
Now you have knowledge about the features that are working and the issues with this ROM, So let’s start by install Android 8.1 Oreo on Moto G3 by flashing the ROM.
Prerequisites(Install Android 8.1 Oreo on Moto G3)
- The ROM and the steps and instructions provided in this article are only meant for Moto G3, NOT TO BE ATTEMPTED ON ANY OTHER DEVICE.
- The device must have TWRP recovery installed. Download Link
- While installation, you may lose some of your data so it’s better to back up your data first before starting the installation process.
Steps to Install Android 8.1 Oreo on Moto G3 2015
- Download the Pixel Experience ROM from the download link provided. Pixel Experience ROM for Moto G3
- Gapps will be included in the ROM so you need not worry to install it.
- Once downloaded successfully, connect your Moto G3 device to your computer and put it in data transfer mode.
- Copy the ROM zip file to your device storage or SD card wherever you feel like copying it.
- Now disconnect the device and switch it off.
- Boot Your device into TWRP recovery mode
- Press and hold the Volume Down + Power button to enter the bootloader screen
- On the Bootloader screen, tap the Volume button until you see “Recovery mode” option in the Bootloader menu.
- Now press the Power button to enter TWRP
- Now go to ‘Wipe’ » ‘Advanced Wipe’ and Select the following checkboxes and swipe the button on the bottom of the screen.
- Now go back to the TWRP main screen and tap on the ‘Install’ button and select the “PixelExperience_osprey-8.0.0-20171114-0416.zip” file.
- At the end swipe the “swipe to confirm flash” to install Android 8.1 Oreo on Moto G3.
- After it completes, hit the Reboot system button.
As soon as it completes, you can start to enjoy the Android Oreo Pixel Experience ROM on Your Moto G3 device. If you have any questions, please comment down in the comment section.(Install Android 8.1 Oreo on Moto G3)